Friday 1 February 2008

Optimistic*

February 1st, so a good time to start finally keeping an accurate record of my bankroll and wins and losses as I aim for the ultimate goal - paying off my mortgage as soon as possible.

That may well be helped by switching to a Virgin One account but I won't bore you with the details of that.

Instead, this is an inventory of my current bankroll:

Absolute: $2,165.16
UB: $23.89 (with $489.55 in unclaimed bonus!)
Full Tilt: $0
Party: $1,711.21
Stars: $345.69
Cash: $2,600 (this was taken from my Party account for the recent Vegas trips)

Not exactly earth-shattering, but not bad either I suppose, and certainly enough to attempt not to worry about dropping the odd buy-in here or there, but instead to focus on a more long-term approach.

To that end I'll only update the figures on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, assuming I don't just go busto!!

One rather sick hand to report from this afternoon from a 1/2NL 6-max table on Party. I raise with AA and get one caller. Flop is KKx. We both check. Turn is an Ace. Nice. He bets, I'm now praying he does have a King and flat call. River is a King!!!!

He had K7s.....

*For those keeping track, the title comes from Radiohead's Kid A album. Let's see if I feel optimistic in a week...

3 comments:

smokkee said...

nice BR you're working with. but, how can you continue to play on Absolute or UB after all the crap that's been going on? it's doubtful you'll ever run into a superaccount user at the stakes you're at. but, why continue to support a site that obv has huge holes in their security?

GL in Feb

lj said...

you ever play on pokerroom? that was my favorite site pre uigea, and i played up until last march when i left amsterdam. i'm not a big online cash player, but the sngs were super soft!

good luck on paying down the mortgage -- i'm trying to do the same w/ my school loans!

MackemPlus1 said...

Thanks for the comments.

Smokkee - I take your point but as you also note, I'm unlikely to ever run into a superuser account when I play. Main reason for staying is the softness of the games, particularly on AP, while I'll probably just work off the bonus on UB (if I can) and empty the account.

Plus, I find it very funny that people think FT and Stars are whiter than white. I guarantee there is dodgy stuff going on there too - FT certainly admitted problems with bots.

LJ - never played on pokerroom but the SNG's on AP are very soft too.