Monday 4 February 2008

We hate it when our friends become successful...

...but when it happens to us, it's wonderful!!!

That rather long-winded title is a way of saying I won the TPOAPC 2008 Main Event on Saturday evening, beating Buzz HU for the bracelet.

Was down to 1400 early on from a starting stack of 3000 but got healthy again when AA decided A10o was a good hand to re-raise me with, my JJ held. Also doubled through AA again with a great call IMHO with AQ on a KK6 flop in a blind v blind battle after I had just limped in from the SB. I check-raised the flop, Zack shoved and I was really confident I was in front and called - he tabled A10 and I held.

That gave me a big stack and I cruised into the money and then got HU when Sportsfreak surprisingly called my re-raise jam with 44, I had 77, game over.

Buzz started the HU really well and was raising a lot but eventually I started to find some decent hands and hit a few very nice flops. Got it all in with A6 v 33 and flop was A88, but turn was a 3 LOL.

However, next hand was my turn to get lucky with A7 v A9 and it was all over. I promise to only mention this victory about 20 times a day!!!

Also, had a good betting weekend with Spurs +1 drawing with Man Utd and 3 of my Super Bowl bets coming good - Under 53 points (never in doubt!!!), Maroney scoring first TD and Giants +12.

No comments: