Thursday 24 April 2008

Snooker Loopy*

Just a quick update to apologise for the lack of updates.

I know many people can barely get through the day without reading this blog so please forgive me.

Basically I'm covering the World Snooker Championships in Sheffield (check out the world snooker pages on www.sportinglife.com) so have no time to play and/or blog.

Having said that, there was no morning session today so I did manage about 25 minutes of 2/4PLO8 on Party in my hotel room, and won a quick $105. No special hands, although I was disappointed not to get paid off when a big draw hit on the turn.

I had A3xx with the nut flush draw on a J52 flop with 2 of my suit. I was in SB and checked, MP checked and button bet the pot of $15. I raised to $52, MP called and button folded. Turn was a low spade giving me nut-nut. I strongly considered checking, figuring my (decent) opponent could at least also have A3 but decided to bet instead.

He thought forever and folded (FAWK!).

Finally, congrats to Lucko on winning everything he enters apparently.

* I'm aware this is obviously not a Radiohead or Smiths song, but Chas and Dave rule...

2 comments:

lj said...

it's been so hard to get through the day w/o your blog updates, but you're forgiven.

<---- pwns at snooker

MackemPlus1 said...

You're very kind.

Tell your friends and spread the word.....

PS. Women can't play snooker or pool, it's a genetic thing...