Thursday 3 April 2008

I Might be Wrong...

...and I probably am, but here's a couple of Omaha hands to discuss where I could (should?) have raised for value on the river.

Warning: Looking back, this one is pretty ugly from the turn onwards. (HI LO)

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $532.89
UTG+1: $179.92
CO: $515.48
Button: $356.46
MackemPlus1: $568.76
BB: $400

Pre-flop: (6 players) MackemPlus1 is SB with qs as qd 5h
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MackemPlus1 calls, BB checks.

Not a bad hand to raise with but, from the SB, I prefer to just check as my A5 low draw isn't really strong enough.

Flop: ts 2c 4d ($12, 3 players)
MackemPlus1 bets $9.4, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Good flop, any bare A2 lurking is buggered and I have my QQ overpair. Easy bet.

Turn: 6c ($30.8, 2 players)
MackemPlus1 checks, UTG+1 checks.

In two minds about this check. At first I thought it was pretty weak but OTOH, I have to put him on a low draw to have called the flop bet.

River: Qh ($30.8, 2 players)
MackemPlus1 checks, UTG+1 bets $20, MackemPlus1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: $70.8

Nice river card, but if villain has A3 for the nut low I still only get half. Not sure why I check-called though, pretty gay yes?

This one is hi only and I river the second nut flush, only for BB to spring to life.

Raise the river????

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
[url=http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter]Converter[/url]

[b]Stack sizes:[/b]
UTG: $201.26
UTG+1: $200.05
MackemPlus1: $232.58
Button: $256.72
SB: $339.20
BB: $113.65

[b]Pre-flop:[/b] ([i]6 players[/i]) MackemPlus1 is CO with [Qc] [Kc] [Kh] [7h]
[i]2 folds[/i], MackemPlus1 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

[b]Flop:[/b] [Qs] [7d] [5h] ([i]$6, 3 players[/i])
SB checks, BB checks, [color=#cc0000]MackemPlus1 bets $5.7[/color], SB folds, BB calls.

[b]Turn:[/b] [3h] ([i]$17.4, 2 players[/i])
BB checks, MackemPlus1 checks.

[b]River:[/b] [2h] ([i]$17.4, 2 players[/i])
[color=#cc0000]BB bets $16.53[/color], MackemPlus1 calls.

[b]Results:[/b]
Final pot: $50.46

PS: Anyone know of a hand converter (or which settings to use on the neildewhurst one) which is best for blogs??? I'd like to use the nice pretty big cards if poss.

1 comment:

bayne_s said...

1st hand you have 2nd nuts both ways heads up.

Problem is A35 beats you both directions and on that flop I am either calling or raising a35.

General rule of thumb heads up with 2nd nut both directions you want to have a small pot when he only needs 3 cards to win.

2nd hand since it is backdoor flush K hi is probably good. more reasonable explantion is that he was drawing to straight.

I don't raise but I have rep for being "tighest PLO player in world" to maintain