Sunday 25 May 2008

Huge pot part 2

Well I must have had more red wine than I thought because, having checked the hand history, that big omaha hand was a 4-way all-in fest!!!

However, amazingly no-one had AA, KK or even QQ, so suddenly my Q J 10 10 double suited looks huge in the cold light of day.

Action was as follows:

I raise UTG with Qc Js 10c 10s.
Player A calls.
Player B raises to $56 with KJ54ds !!!
Player C raises all-in for $163 with AKJ2 (3 diamonds, 1 club)
I reraise all-in to $349.
Player A jams for $411 with 6789
Player B calls.

According to the CP calculator, pre-flop 6789 is 36% (presumably because 3 of us have each other's outs, and he is only one with hearts in his hand?), I have 24% and the other two hands 18%.

Thankfully the board comes 4 9 8 7 5 and I make the nuts for an almost $1200 pot.

Despite winning I'm not certain about my pre-flop shove and would like to hear opinions on it and the play of the villains.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you play a bit of Omahahahaha! Are there any books or articles you can recommend as I want to try this mental game properly now I have a half decent bankroll but I don't want to get swallowed up by the sharks as I start playing something new!

MackemPlus1 said...

I'm largely "self taught" (lol) in Omaha but obviously the Super System chapter is worth a look. I also have Rolf Slotboom's book but haven't finished it yet - he advocates an approach which I don't think works at lower limits.

I've also got a couple of books by Stewart Reuben/Bob Ciaffone which are decent.

Feel free to ask me any strategy questions too and I'll try to help.

Bayne_S said...

http://www.amazon.com/Pot-Limit-Omaha-Poker-Jeff-Hwang/dp/0818407263 is good PLO book.

Player B is Scandi.
Player C don't like play as 2 is dangler and 3 of suit is negative.

QJTT is high variance approach to game.

Player A expects 10+ Broadway cards to be out so expects to be more likely to hit flop.