Sunday 1 June 2008

What difference does it make?

Well if we're talking about rakeback, hopefully it makes a big difference.

I've had rakeback on FT, UB and AP for ages but never really made the most of it, suffering from playing on too many sites instead of concentrating on one and also remaining loyal to Party because I love the interface.

Obviously it's kind of retarded to play most of the time at Party without rakeback, although they do have a points system which works in the same manner - albeit at a much lesser rate.

Therefore, I've finally redeposited on FT on Friday and intend to multi-table religiously when I get the chance. This should also hopefully help with my temper tantrums which are usually brought on by getting bored/frustrated at the pace of play.

Speaking of which, while complaining about the amazingly slow pace of play in an Omaha MTT on Friday, one of the other players suggested playing Omaha HU and I did on Saturday with some pleasing success.

Busted one guy with the nut str8 on the turn when he had top set and a flush draw and I dodged a lot of cards for a change, and also managed not to go bust with the A-high flush against another guy.

There was little action until the river - I think the flush came runner, runner - and I have A6xx with the "nut" flush in clubs. So I bet the river, get raised and am about to re-raise when it dawns on me. He can only have KJ or J9 of clubs for the str8 flush. Obviously I'm not good enough to fold but I just call the raise and sure enough, he flips over KJxx.

I type "lol" in the chatbox and he types back "how good are you?" before leaving the table. LOL.

Favourite part of the day however, was playing a complete weak/tight donk who I just ran over completely. He hardly ever raised, would just call most of my pre-flop raises, and was incredibly passive on the flop and turn. I was hitting the occasional good hand but often betting with nothing on the turn to take it down. If he checked twice he was folding, he never check-raised.

In terms of money I didn't make a fortune because most pots were small, but I'd love to play this guy every day - guaranteed money and rakeback too :)

1 comment:

lj said...

didn't u final table some big mtt sunday? i believe i saw references to it in chat. where's the full report?