Sunday 8 June 2008

Vienna Part II

So after my initial success I go back the following night and play a bit of Omaha with just one 2 euro blind. Double up early with a loose-ish call on the button with KTTx after a small raise and loads of limpers. Flop is 10 7 2 with two spades and I have the KT of spades.

Checked to me and I bet pot, loony Asian gambler calls, turn is a 7 and he check calls my all-in. Danke.

However, I then lose most of that back with a set of jacks which I have to fold to a lot of action on a straightening board by the river, and the game bizarrely breaks up. Go and play some 1/2 NL and end the evening down about 90 euro overall after a donk calls 15 pre with 64o and puts the rest of his stack in on a Q 7 3 flop and hits his gutter :)

Following evening is even worse and I drop 300 euro at Omaha. Biggest hand comes when I raise 8910Jds and flop is JJ2. Money goes in and guy flips over A227 - LOL

And it gets worse still. Drop another 150 on Friday night running an unsuccessful bluff on the turn and river against a guy who calls with AK unimproved, and then run AQ into QQ on a Q95 flop.

Thankfully last night I get most of it back, and should have ended with a big win, but I had my share of luck so can't complain.

Hands of note: I raise pre with AJ and get all-in with two shortstackers on A56 flop. One guy has 56 but the turn is a J and river a 7. Then I get QQ on the button, and re-raise UTG's raise to 100. UTG is steaming after losing a big pot but of course he has AA and is all-in for 104. Foolishly he says "You'll flop a queen the way my luck is" and boom, Q 10 5 flop. Unlucky m8, but whatever happens that hand he goes broke.

Just when I'm ready to go however, I lose a big pot to end the night on a downer. I'm playing until my blinds and UTG raises to 9, I call from UTG+1 with 66 and a few others call.

Flop is 764r, UTG checks and I lead out. Donkey at the far end calls and I figure him for a straight draw, possibly overpair. Turn is a blank, I bet, he shoves for 54 more and I call. He has 58o obviously. LOL. Nice play sir.

End up 327 euro for the night and a bit pissed off, but overall happy with the session.

PS - Forgot one funny hand from earlier on. Bit hazy on the exact action but I had 98of hearts and the flop was 10 7 2. I bet the flop, get called. Turn gives me flush draw, I bet again I think. River is a blank and it goes check-check but just as I'm about to show my 9-high, opp mucks face down and I take the pot :)

No comments: