Friday 1 August 2008

Step 6 win!!!!!!

Will try to tidy this up later, but for now just GET THE FUCK IN!!!!

After a miserable few days I almost forgot about qualifying for step 6 on Party because they take ages to get started. Spotted one this afternoon that already had 5 players registered so signed up and didn't have to wait too long.

For those who don't know, it's effectively a $500 "buy-in" STT, 6th-10th get nothing, 4th and 5th get $500, third $700, second $1000 and winner $2,000.

We got down to 6 and it was very cagey as you can imagine, apart from the clown chipleader who could obviously push people around - I'd played the step 5 with him the night before so knew he would blow up eventually.

Anyway, with 6 left I was down to 1380 chips at one stage with the blinds at 150/300 but shoved twice and wasn't called and eventually two guys got knocked out and we were down to four. Won a flip with AQ v donk's 22 and suddenly I'm back in it. Next hand donk raises, I jam with AQ and he instacalls with A5. Now I'm CL HU.

Went on break and when we came back we traded a couple of small hands back and forth until a real cooler. I get AA and limp, he raises as hoped for, I flat call. Flop is K-high, he bets, I raise, he shoves and I call. He has JJ and $2k is mine :)

4 comments:

lucko said...

Nice job!

I can't play tomorrow night, I have plans as well.

Anonymous said...

Awesome win, congrats!

Have fun in Beijing!

dwal said...

nice one phil!

Ezarc said...

Well done!! Nice takedown and enjoy Beijing!