Wednesday 30 July 2008

That joke isn't funny any more

Been a sick couple of days on Full Tilt so I'm taking the liberty of whining about it here.

Started yesterday with some 10/20 HORSE which started badly and just got worse and worse. Sick beat after sick beat which culminated in one guy (who had won a razz hand against another player despite having a K showing and caught runner runner runner low cards) hitting runner runner two pair to beat my KK in stud hi.

Worse was to come. Very next hand I get rolled up JJJ against a guy with AAx. Beautiful, I slowplay it nicely, drop the boom on fifth street and he now can't fold his one pair - he can't have a str8 or flush. Of course he rivers a 1-outer (one Ace had been folded) to make AAA.

So today I'm down to $63 in my account so sign up for 5 cheap STT/MTT's at once.

Bust-outs so far: KK v 99 all-in PF; JJ v A8 all-in pf; AKs v Q9s (he calls a re-raise OOP and flops an OESFD of course LOL) and my personal favourite....

I have 10 6o in BB but see a free flop. A Q 6 it gets checked around. 6 on turn, I shove and get called by KQ. You can guess the river.

I would say I've never been so disillusioned with the game but I probably have been before. But you know you're in trouble when you EXPECT to lose every single time as a 75 or 80% favourite.

That sounds like hyperbole, but it isn't. When I reraised with KK and he called with 99, I just expected him to hit a set, which he did on the turn. Even the flop was 887 to give him some additional outs anyway. And JJ v A8, not even a sweat. A8 on the flop and it's goodnight.

It's probably a good job I'm off to Beijing on Tuesday for the Olympics as I need a break. Also the weather has been really good recently so I've been getting more golf in and a bit of a tan.

Just wish someone would flip the doom switch off at Full Tilt for me too...

No comments: