Tuesday 13 October 2009

Live and kicking

Played a fair bit of live poker recently with my usual mixed results. (SICK hand alert at the bottom)

Was up £300 at Dusk Till Dawn a few weeks ago until meeting up with LJ for dinner and then foolishly returning for a second session.

Sucked out on LJ with some donktastic chasing but then karma maybe bit me in the ass in a massive pot with AK on an AKJx board, when 108s chased his flush draw by check-raising me on the turn and calling my shove. He got there obv.

Lost rest of my stack v same player when he called my pre-flop raise with KJo and flopped two pair, I had A10s so flopped a gutty str8 flush draw on the KJ10 flop, but obv missed.

DTD has just started a PLO tourney on Wednesday's and a PLO/PLH one on Sunday night. Made the final table of the PLO for a small profit but overplayed top set in Sunday's round of each tourney and went out to a turned str8.

That tourney has a huge overlay in terms of the Omaha round though. At least two people on my table openly discussed how they had never played Omaha before, and I overheard someone on the adjacent table asking how many cards he had to use.

After busting out of the tourney I played some cash games but the 2/2 PLO game didn't last long before breaking. Flopped one monster hand with nut str8 and nut flush redraw but the guy with a set who bet the flop and turn sadly found a fold when I raised the turn.

I was definitely contemplating just calling behind on the turn but slowplaying in Omaha almost never feels right and I actually figured we might both have a str8 and I was freerolling with the flush draw.

After that table broke I rejoined a 1/2 NL game and had a real rollercoaster session.

Lost to my customary 2-outer to the worst player in the club, who called my PFR with QJs (not too hideous in itself) and then shoved for £88 when I c-bet £55 on a Jxx flop. I obv call and equally obviously he hits a J on the turn.

Did win a nice big pot with AA though, new player raising to £13 in CO and I reraised to £30 from SB. He asked how much I had behind before re-raising to about £75, I shoved for £185 total and he called with QQ.

Sickest hand of the night came at the end.

This old guy had gone on major monkey tilt, dropping several buy-ins with mad river bluffs and raising/c-betting every hand. You could tell everyone at the table was itching to play a pot and bust him, so when he made it just £6 UTG, I called with A3s on the button.

Couple of others call and the flop is perfect, 245. Tilt monkey bets £20, I make it £50 knowing he will shove a huge range, but the BB spoils it all by raising to £150. Wtf? Tilt monkey already had a big pile of chips in his hand to raise my bet but now folds.

I obv hate folding here but I've played against this guy for a while and never seen him do anything silly and in the end I fold pretty quickly. He shows 3 6. Phew/puke.

1 comment:

lj said...

u posted on your blog? are you ok?