Saturday 17 April 2010

In need of some discipline....

...Not that kind, although a good spanking never hurt anyone.

I'm talking bankroll discipline, certainly one of my weaknesses over the years. There's no question I find it hard to grind it out at the lower levels when winning hands or even stacks just doesn't seem to add up to much.

However, I also can't continue experiencing the highs and lows from technically playing limits outside my bankroll, so I've decided to set myself a challenge.

For the next 3 months (after which we'll re-assess), I'm not allowed to play higher than 0.10c/25c in cash games or $10 STT's and MTT's, unless I win tokens on FT.

Hopefully this will have the effect of:

a) Building a roll by playing at a level I can beat (LOL)

b) Prevent me from tilting as I'll be playing for smaller amounts.

It will also no doubt see my rakeback take a hit but hopefully the benefits will outweight the negatives.

Wish me luck.

PS - Before the new regime kicks in, I'll be sneaking in a live tourney at Dusk till Dawn in Nottingham tomorrow, £50 buy-in with £10k guarantee IIRC. Structure is decent and hopefully I can pick up some hands when it counts, rather than running good early on in the smaller pots.

No comments: