Thursday 13 December 2007

I started something I couldn't finish

So, got back from Vegas yesterday and been catching up on some sleep. Will keep this short (ish) as there's no pictures and I want to do a proper one from New Year's.

Arrived Tuesday around 6pm and went to Bellagio buffet at 8pm with some fellow journos who were there for the fight. Very good food and a couple of beers later and I was ready for bed. Woke up at 4.30am but managed to snooze for a while longer and headed out for breakfast.

Had the buffet at TI before playing their 11am tourney - and ended up chopping it for first ever win in Vegas Great structure , $125 entry fee, 30 minute levels and each player has a $50 bounty on their head. 45 entries, I only knocked one person out with AA v AJs but made the money (top 4) and we did a straight chop for about $525 each, plus bounties and your own bounty back as you were obviously not knocked out.

Texted Stoner to brag and he replied straightaway apparently - however I had a problem with my phone and receive it on Tuesday morning - in the airport :(

Thursday I play the noon tourney at Venetian but never get anything going and end up playing 5/10 limit Omaha8b at Mirage with full kill. Take around $400 off the clueless old locals (including bluffing jack-high on the river when the low missed)
and had a couple of other good sessions there.

Also played a bit of 4/8 hi lo at the Orleans and won a quick $60 in the hour before their noon tourney where I ran AK into QQ and didn't improve. Could have gone back to the 4/8 game but wanted to play at Luxor and Mandalay Bay as I hadn't been before. Sick cooler at Luxor (not very nice room either) with full house beaten by higher full house, and lost KK to 99 on J94 flop at MBay before coming back nicely for a small win.

On Saturday night paid $50 to watch the fight on big screens in TI, as Hatton admitted afterwards his gameplan went out the window and Mayweather had more than enough class to just pick him off as he charged in.

On Monday played the Omaha hi tourney at Caesars, got my money in with a flopped str8but opponent had top set (he actually had AAQQds!!) and hit on the river. Then went to the Mirage until 6.30am before heading for the airport.

Sorry there were no pics but happy to give any details if anyone is interested.

Edit: I took exactly $2500 with me and came back with $2440, which obviously included food, drink, show tickets and a few Xmas presents. Vegas for a week on $60 :)

No comments: