Saturday 29 December 2007

I want the one I can't have

Bad news on the Vegas front I discovered by chance yesterday - Maxjet, the all-business class airline I was supposed to fly with tomorrow (Sunday) filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Xmas Eve!!!

Only found out in an idle moment at work yesterday otherwise would have arrived at Stansted Airport on Sunday morning completely oblivious that there would be no flight. Managed to book a Virgin flight on Monday (New Year's Eve) for half the cost but obviously it will be 1/10th as comfortable.

Could have been worse I suppose but it means only arriving in Vegas at 2pm on NYE, missing out on valuable drinking time. Will stay two days longer to make up for it but the friends I am meeting out there will have gone by then and I was looking forward to learning a few things from them at the 2/5NL tables.

Wish me luck....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother keeps dolphins in his transistor radio,
still where I'm from you cant get a fire engine out unless you put a bit of edam wax on its bonnet,
still this isnt redcar races and this lager's gorgeous!