Monday 14 January 2008

Still ill

So, after the farce of my cancelled flights I get a lucky break when the Virgin flight on New Year's Eve is half empty and I get a whole row of seats to myself on the 10hr flight from London. Watch a couple of films and get some sleep so don't feel too bad when I get into Vegas around 1pm. Amazingly, suitcase is second bag on the carousel so I grab a cab and head for the Monte Carlo.

We get stuck at the corner of the MGM and Strip with all the traffic but eventually get to the hotel, I get a key for the room I'm sharing with Dave and Sucko and dump my bags. Quick shower and change and it's off to the MGM to meet up.

There are three 2/5NL tables running, Dave at one, Kev at another and of course I get a seat at the third! Bust one guy with AA v AJ on a J-high flop before I get a transfer to Dave's table. Table is nice and lively and one guy ends up singing "There's only one Ricky Hatton" over and over again when he discovers I was there for the fight a few weeks ago.

Stoner turns up later and we grab dinner at some cafe place in MGM before heading onto the Strip. By this time I've topped up the booze from the plane with a few beers and add to it with Glenfiddich from the hip flask hidden in my coat so the memory of later events is a bit vague.

We stop to heckle this illiterate God botherer on the street,






and then I think somehow get into Harrah's using a Total Rewards Card passed over the barriers between us to get in and get a drink. Believe this is where I meet Todd (TDizzle) and we all see in 2008 watching the fireworks. (Gay)



Head into the Mirage and end up with all six Plus One ers on a 1/2NL table, but by this stage am apparently pretty wasted, and fail miserably with a 3-street bluff against sucko with AK - he calls with some 85-type garbage and takes it down. Dave runs like Sucko used to and felts Sucko and some clown non Plus One er with 22 on a J72 flop - both opponents had J7.

Think we all get a cab back to Monte Carlo around 6am, Lucko and I crash out but Dave declares "sleeping in Vegas is gay" and heads down to the p0ker room. At one point I wake up and have to vomit copiously in the bathroom, thankfully alive enough to make sure it's all in the toilet. Go back to bed and don't get up again until around 4pm. Get ready to head out and have my coat on when I need to throw up again, this time it's pretty much just bile. Feels like my eyes are sweating. Not felt this bad from alcohol in years

Details of wild 1/2 table to follow...

2 comments:

AllanDuke said...

Nice poker blog sir.

MackemPlus1 said...

Thanks.

BTW, I realise the photos have not worked on this post, will try to fix that ASAP.