Thursday 24 January 2008

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Well okay, possibly not fully miserable, but definitely a little peeved after the last couple of nights' poker.

Firstly I was chip leader for a while deep into the $11r on Stars and dreaming of a first prize of $13k before eventually busting out in 14th out of 1731 starters.

Bust-out hand was nothing special (my AJ of diamonds lost to KQ of diamonds all-in PF) but annoyed I went card dead at the crucial time and misplayed/didn't get full value when I did have some big hands.

Then last night I finished second in the +1 Stud tournament thanks to a remarkable comeback from less than 200 chips at one stage, but then finished 8th in a $22PL08 tourney on Stars.

Cruised all the way to the FT (about 360 starters IIRC) but then busted when a fellow big stack hit runner runner flush after I bet the flop and turn with overpair and big str8 draw. He has something like A3Qx on a Q 10 6r flop, 9 on river made my str8 but also the backdoor flush.

I had enough chips to fold and still be in good shape but made a tilty call and that was that.

Disappointing but feel the 08 tournament is hugely +EV for me, as are the 1 and 2-table $55PL08 STT's on Full Tilt. Won one and finished 4th in the two 2-table ones I played last night.

Can't play the +1 Hold em event tonight (not too disappointed as limit sucks) but should manage the rest of them in a probably futile attempt to catch Dwal in the POTY race....

2 comments:

AllanDuke said...

What was your payout for the 14th place finish? And how long of a tournament was it?

MackemPlus1 said...

Hey Allan

It was somewhere around the $350 IIRC and I must have played well over 5hrs, probably nearly six :(