Monday 14 January 2008

Still ill (Part II)

So I finally make it to the Monte Carlo p0ker room and find Dave and Sucko sat next to each other at a table. Dave has a monster stack which he tells me comes from the clown in seat 1, who has already rebought at least 4 times and donated all his chips by calling down Dave with absolutely nothing.

I get the 10 seat, guy in 9 seat also has huge stack and is open raising to $32 with rag aces at a 1/2 table mainly because our friend in seat 1 is calling with any two cards. Seat 1 doubles me up when I have AA and he chases all the way, 1 pair is good, but then cracks AA later when he calls $50 pre-flop with 45o

Sucko then rivers an A with AKs all-in PF against Dave's QQ but they're both winning big bets on the Georgia bowl game so all's good. To avoid tilting after being felted I head off for some food and then down to the Mirage, where I get a text from Dave saying he's just won $4500 playing blackjack. I reply that I officially hate him.

Dave's gone to the airport when I get back to the room at 3/4am but Lucko gives me a full description of his amazing blackjack streak. Try to get some sleep but Kev has a wonderful combination of a nasty cough, bad nasal breathing and snoring. I consider killing him in his sleep but figure I'd be the obvious suspect...

He also sets the world's loudest alarm AND orders a wake up call to make sure he doesn't miss his flight but I have to check out at 11am anyway and move into my new room in the same hotel.

For the next couple of days my attempts to meet up with Josh and Malachai are unsuccessful due to my dodgy mobile which means I get texts about 4 days after they were sent!

As for p0ker, I final table the bounty tournament I won at TI before (twice) and also reach the FT of a PL Omaha event at Caesars, but generally run my usual shitty standard apart from a couple of sessions.

Best was probably at Mirage where I win $300 at 1/2NL while waiting for the 5/10 Omaha hi lo limit game to start, and then turn that $500 into $1200 against the omaha donks (70 big bets in a few hours). Also finally had AA against KK at Caesar's at 2/5NL for a nice pot.

Final day I check out at 11am and have couple of hours to kill. No game going at Monte Carlo so I play some blackjack and win $175 in about 5 minutes - chicken feed to Dave but added to the $275 I won while steaming at the Mirage made for a nice blackjack profit.

Head over to 1/2NL at MGM and table was so passive even I was able to run a table over for the first time ever. First time I straddled everyone folded to me so I started betting and raising with all kinds of stuff, and showing lots of bluffs to try to loosen things up.

It works nicely when I find KQo on my next straddle and make it $20 more after a couple of limpers. Woman directly to my left calls, flop is Kxx. I bet, she calls. Turn is a Q and I'm thinking about how much to bet when I see she's already reaching for chips so I check-raise instead and we get it all-in. She has KJ and is drawing dead.

Few hands later I get AA and raise, 1 caller. Flop is A86 and we both check. Turn is a 9 I think and villain bets $25, I make it $75 and he calls. 6 pairs the board on the river and I bet $75, he announces all-in and I call obviously. He has 88 for a lower boat and I scoop a big pot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My only reason for living is to read your blog, yet it is updated so infrequently.
I having spent the last 10 days sitting in a darkened room waiting for the update that will bring joy to my life once more.
Before I end it all, I beg of you please please please let me know what has happened in your wonderful world lately.

Ps You owe me a curry.

lj said...

"Try to get some sleep but Kev has a wonderful combination of a nasty cough, bad nasal breathing and snoring. I consider killing him in his sleep but figure I'd be the obvious suspect..."

LMAO. trust me, it's pretty bad even without the nasty cough...