Monday 15 December 2008

Sit down, stand up*

Played the first blogger tourney tonight and busted out fairly early. It was PLO and I hit some nice hands early to get to about $5.4k and the standard of play was pretty horrible. Eg; Guy with AAxx minraises, everyone calls, button shoves, guy with AA just flat calls and lets a few of us call pretty cheap. Flop is all spades and AA guy bets 200 into a 3,000 pot. LOL.

However, I then missed on two big hands in quick succession, the first with the nut flush draw against nothing but bare KK and the second with top 2 and the NFD on a KQ6 flop with two spades. Villain had bottom set and I missed. I think I was also guilty of getting a bit cocky about the poor standard of play and was a bit too loose - you live and learn.

Anyway, made up for that with a very good cash session with 4 tables of 0.50/$1 PLO8 going. Missed the chance for a Drome-esque slowroll when I had nut-nut on the river and donk shoved into me, but also lost a big hand with A36x on a 66J flop. Ace on turn and all the money goes in, villain has JJ obv. :(

Managed not to tilt for once and still ended up around $330 so pretty pleased, especially as I also won a $215 tourney token on Saturday night. It was a qualifier for the Sunday Million but I was working yesterday so unregistered.

Anyone know if I can sell the tourney dollars????

Oh, and Mancini for Sunderland boss!!!!!!

* Track 2, Hail to the Thief

No comments: