Wednesday 3 December 2008

True Love Waits

...and so do my loyal fans ha ha ha!!

I realise it's been a while since I updated this excuse for a blog, and it's not as if I haven't been playing.

Earnt enough points to move up to Gold Star on PokerStars, which was worth a mighty $100 bonus - which I still have to earn more points to clear - and I now have enough points for some nice gear in their VIP store.

Thinking about a portable DVD player for those long plane journeys or a Wii for those long winter evenings in front of the box. Other option is swapping points for $285 in bonus, but knowing Stars they'll make sure it's rigged so you can't win while you try to clear the bonus !!!

At the tables I've been playing a few low buy-in STT's and small MTT's and doing reasonably well, mainly because the standard of play is generally appalling. In the space of a few hands in one tournament I had two people shove A-high into me when I happened to be holding strong hands.

If they were playing razz they might have stood a chance, but otherwise it was suicidal!!!

Not making huge money obviously from the $6 buy-ins but at least I'm playing more or less stress free and TRYING not to get annoyed at the usual RiverStars suckouts. Even managed one of my own the other day, shoving with AQ over what turned out to be a guy limping AA. Flop is 10 J K and for once I'm the idiot getting rewarded :)

Anyway, we'll see how long I can keep up the new attitude (over/under set at about 2 days) and keep grinding out the small wins.

Ha'way the Lads!!!

1 comment:

lj said...

i've been doing the exact same thing (playing lower buy ins and running good w/ way less stress) and it's been working really well. keep it up!

i love my wii, but if you're a big game person i would def recommend xbox 360. especially if you like madden. oh wait, you're british, forget it. not sure which one is better for fifa. :-)