Tuesday 4 March 2008

Bigmouth Strikes Again

Better late than never, here's a trip report from Vegas at the end of last month.

For those of you who don't know, Zack is a fellow PlusOne member who kindly let me crash in his room all week while he was attending *ahem* a work conference.

Sunday - Arrive in Chicago to discover flight to Vegas is cancelled. Realise too late while stood in the queue that could have flown to Phoenix instead and driven the rest of the way, so end up forced to wait 7 and a half hours for next Vegas flight. Drink lots in bar while trying to feign interest in Daytona 500. Fail.

Arrive at Caesars some time around midnight. Zack is wearing pink. I have been travelling in the same clothes for 25 hours and still look better than him. Grab a room key, head upstairs to change. Zack's been given a room with a disabled shower . Insert own joke here. Back downstairs to drop $100 playing 1/3 and then another $400 playing 2/5PL Omaha.

Monday - Memory of days is as bad as Zack's, but pretty sure I won $400 playing omaha 8b at Mirage while Zack bizarrely attends his conference for a couple of hours. Despite working for a telecomms company he pretends he can't call international numbers on his cell - I think he's trying to dump me already.

If we did play 9am tourney Monday I indeed bust Zack with J9 v AK all-in pre-flop (we were the 2 shorties at the table and Zack was UTG, I was in BB). Kxx flop but I call for and catch running 9s!!!!

Tuesday - Zack hits a one-out gutshot straight flush and doesn't comport himself well when he does so, telling the poor guy "That was a mistake" when he calls the river bet. Guy had K3 for technically the third nut flush.

Wednesday - After busting out at TI (Zack shoves into J4 on a JJ7 board with Q7) we find Shawn hiding his ponytail beneath his sweatshirt at Venetian. I take the under on when he busts and it looks good when he jams AQo - only for the donkey in the SB to call with KQo. Although we are just standing behind Shawn the ~hot waitress keeps offering us drinks so we drink quickly and wildly overtip (she's a bit chunky but we conclude probably gives great head).

Shawn is still in so we play some cash and I get a guy to make the WORST FOLD IN THE HISTORY OF p0ker. I raise KQ on the button and he calls from the SB saying "I think I have the best hand". Flop is 44K and he leads out. I call. Turn is a blank and he bets $55 and I shove for approx $220. He tanks and starts talking about what I could have and flashes me AK. He asks "Do we have the same hand" and I tell him no, we definitely don't. He thinks forever and folds, everyone at the table is saying I must have aces or kings so I show the KQ and the guy can't stop talking about the hand for the next hour.

Head back to Caesar's and I waste 5hrs playing a limit Omaha8b tourney without cashing while Zack and Shawn play cash. Shawn hits a str8 flush but somehow still loses money.

Thursday - My turn to hit a high hand at Caesar's. In a straddle hand I make it $20 with 99 and call a re-raise to $60 from guy next to me who is called Tiger Patel (no shit) and I later learn plays ultra high stakes Baccarat and has just concluded a $165million property deal. Flop is 975 and I check call $80. Turn is a blank and goes check check. River is a 9 and I bet $100. He tanks for a while and calls. I get $94 extra for the quads.

Friday - Play the 10am tourney at Planet Hollywood and build a good stack with some nice cards before being moved tables. First hand I raise 10s UTG and only big blind calls, we are probably the two biggest stacks in the tourney. Flop is 248 and he donk bets, I shove and he calls with 35o. Ace turn, ace river

Play bounty tourney at TI again at 7pm and Zack loses to the WORST CALL IN THE HISTORY OF p0ker. On a flop of QQJ, idiot bets and Zack CRAI with KJ. Idiot calls with 22 and spikes a 2 on the turn. He says "I thought you had two pair so I called" I double when another clown calls my PF raise and all-in on a 7xx board with A4o. I have 99. Bust out when A9 all-in gets an instacall from KJ.

To say thanks to Zack for using his disabled room I take him to dinner (G5.7) at TI. Zack says to maitre'd "Table doesn't have to be too secluded" but I insist they light the candle. Both order filet mignon in a mexican restaurant, I get abuse for wanting medium well but it's excellent.

Back to Caesar's for what should have been a huge win. I double with KQ v AK on a KQx22 board when he bets $40 on river and says, "You can go all-in if you want." I do and he instacalls. Also flop two pair with 64s on a 642 board and take out woman who shoves with 99. Move tables and talk guy into calling off his last $75 with AQ on Qxxx board when I have KK. He spikes a Q. (Hence the thread title).

Also lose decent pot with AK v QQ and have to fold AQ on AJ9 board after betting $75. Opp showed AJ.

Play till 5.20am and head upstairs for emotional farewell with Zack, but he's already gone.

Random notes: Despite wearing pink, Zack is great fun to have at your table. Needs to stop taunting opponents when he sucks out on them though.

Random note 2: Somewhere in there played 2/5NL at Bellagio. Perfect opponent is in seat 1, he's drunk, rich, terrible at p0ker but still a nice guy. I make it $20 with Ad Jd. Two callers, flop is 9d10dKd. Drunk guy says "Wow I flopped a huge hand" but checks. I check behind. Turn is a blank, he bets $75 and I call. River is an ace and he checks. While I'm thinking how much to bet he says "You push all-in and I'll call." I ask if he's for real and he says yes. So I shove for $216 more with the nuts and he calls with QJ for a flopped str8

Random note 3: Flopped quad 7s on Saturday at the Wynn, won $3.

Forgotten loads of stuff, but whatever...

1 comment:

lj said...

"For those of you who don't know, Zack is a fellow PlusOne member"

really? you have readers who don't know that?

+1ers are so cute, and by cute i mean gay.