Friday 21 March 2008

Maladjusted*

Played my first blogger thingy tournament on Full Tilt last night, a PL08 tournament I expected to do well in. Sadly I quickly got bored by the incredibly slow pace of play and started playing badly, eventually busting out with top two pair and weak low draw in an unraised pot.

Villain had limped on the button with 2558 and flopped bottom set on a K95 flop with 2 hearts. Most people are truly horrible at this game but, strangely enough, it can be harder to simply "outplay" them given the nature of the game.

In short, I need to readjust my game and go back to the style which used to serve me well in the nightly PL08 tourney on Party - play only premium hands early on, including strong hi-only hands, and simply wait out the donks.

On another note, been trying the step tourneys on Party again (for cash, not WSOP seats) and currently at level 5. Level 6 is where the money is handed out, $500 for fifth up to $2000 for 1st. Not bad for an initial outlay of $3.

*title track from another decent Morrissey solo album

No comments: